First off I would like to congratulate all of the students involved in this year's spring musical Fiddler on the Roof. We had a tremendous first performance last night, and I know it is only going to keep getting better. MAKE SURE YOU COME SUPPORT EVERYONE INVOLVED BY COMING TO SEE US PERFORM.
We recently had a scheduling meeting to work out performance and facility usage for next school year, and we have had to change some dates around. Please look at the updated calendar and mark the changes on your personal calendars. Here are some of the changes:
- New dates for Marching Band Camp (Week #1 is Monday July 28th through Friday August 1st, and Week #2 is Monday August 4th through Thursday August 7th with a performance night to follow the end of camp)
- ADDED PERFORMANCE - we have been asked to perform at Freshman Orientation Thursday August 14th. As a reward to you for your anticipated hard work at band camp, I have given you the beginning of that week off. More information on timing for this performance to come later.
- CHANGE IN FOOTBALL SCHEDULE - almost all of the football schedule dates have been changed. Here are the dates of our games: Fri 9/12, Fri 9/26, Fri 10/10 (homecoming), and SAT 10/18 (senior night)
- Competition dates are still tentative, however please have them marked in your calendars
- All basketball games are tentative, however please have them marked in your calendars
Finally, IHSA Organization Contest held at Waukegan High School is NEXT SATURDAY APRIL 12th. While it is not required for parents to attend this performance, it would be very helpful to have a few parents on hand to assist with moving equipment, monitoring students, and most importantly, cheer us on! When students know they are performing for family and friends, they will have a more rewarding experience, and feel less anxious about the contest. So, please come support us. Here is the most recent schedule
7:15am Students Arrive at SHS - DRESSED IN CONCERT ATTIRE (see below)
7:20am Student begin loading the busses
7:30am Leave for Waukegan High School
8:30am Arrive at Waukegan High School
8:45am Start moving in to warm-up/holding area
9:00am Warm - Up
9:25am Move to Stage
9:30am PERFORM FOR IHSA ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEST
9:50am Move back to holding area/start packing the busses
10:30am Watch Round Lake High School Concert Band Perform
11:00am Load Busses and Depart for SHS
12:00pm Arrive at SHS
It is important that all student wear appropriate concert attire. This means that we are not only uniform in what we wear, but that our attire is professional. Here is the required dress for this performance:
- Black Dress Shoes (no sneakers or gym shoes)
- Black Socks (or stockings for girls) NO BARE SKIN!
- Black Dress Pants (Skirts must be knee length at a very minimum. I highly encourage everyone to invest in a nice pare of black dress pants) NO LEGGINGS or YOGA PANTS or anything like that.
- White Dress Shirt (Button down dress shirt for men)
If you have a question about the dress code, or want to see if what you have will be accepted, please contact Mr. Geller as soon as possible. REMEMBER, your concert attire is your uniform, which factors in to your grade for this performance.
I know this was a lot of information, so please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Thank you, and I am very much looking forward to next Saturday.